|The Green Spirit FuzzRite clone|
|Variations on the basic Fuzzrite design from the Aronnelson gallery|
- 22k resistor from 2n2 tone cap to ground.
- An extra TONE pot with a 100n cap to control the highs (seems that I like this pot cranked most of the time).
- An added J201 gain stage to bring the volume back up at the end of the circuit so you easily get unity volume.
- A higher cap value on a switch so that the DEPTH/FUZZ pot can yield fuller and fatter sound.
- An extra pot for PREGAIN which helps getting the sound of a lowered guitar volume knob.
In the demo below I simply played around with the knobs to get some of the tones I was looking for. 2 2N222A trannies were used because the original 2N2926 NPN trannies haven't arrived yet and I couldn't wait. A tele and a VOX AC30 cab sim at both ends of this wonderful beast with some added fender '63 style spring reverb.
Don't miss out on this one. If you have to build one fuzz to rule them all, one fuzz for all your crazy 60's aspirations, one fuzz - grainy and harsh, buzzy and saxy, zippy and gnarly then this is IT !!! Even the "Satisfaction" riff sounds amazing with this pedal. Don't believe me? check out the demo and skip to 14:36.